Chill Mountain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 37 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:55 am

Off-Topic Rules

Go down

Off-Topic Rules Empty Off-Topic Rules

Post by Reiyu Frost Sat May 21, 2011 9:44 am

To quote ~Jon~ of the Sparkworkz forums, who's quoting a dude named Dr. Phil:

Okay, I didn't think that the OT forum would come to this, but it is time to implement some guidelines for the OT forum superior to 'just chill'.

People should not post using lots of vulgar or racist language, inappropriate or racist links, pictures or levels.

The OT forum has gone way downhill to a forum where people try to increase their post count and nothing more. I love the corrupt a wish threads and the like. But OT should be about discussing things that are not on the topic of FC, like other games, hobbies etc. I just think a set of guidelines would be good so we dont have idiots running rampant over the forums.

Some guideines
Use descriptive titles for threads. (See below for details)
People should not post nonsense just to increase their post count. Your post should add to the thread.
Do not use racist or vulgar language, even as a joke
Do not personally attack anybody on the forums
Do not talk about someones personal life without their approval
Do not make threads with no point (i.e. spam threads)
Have a parent or friend proofread your messages before posting (sarcasm)
Act your age (there are 13 year olds posting things, we know this, do not give into their stupid comments if you are 20+, it's sad)
Threads should be about things that are not on the topic of sparkworkz games, hence the name OFF TOPIC
No spam threads. Post countdown threads and other spam threads will be instantly locked.
From Jon: If you are making a thread, use the search function to see if a similar thread already exists.
From Jon: If someone else does something, it doesn't always mean you should do it too.
From Jon: Saying "Sorry if this is off topic" doesn't change anything; find the correct place for it.

Overall, Off-topic is a place where people should be able to talk about their personal lives, hobbies, what they are asking for for Christmas, what your job is, what level you are in school etc.

Off-Topic is not a place to rant and rave about other FC members or FC itself. Personal vendettas or messages should be sent via PM.

If people do not start adhering to these guidelines you will be warned and possibly banned. Act your age and clean up Off-Topic.

______Use specific thread titles________
When making a thread anywhere in the forums it would be helpful to use specific thread titles. Don't say "awesome" "look" "my idea". Instead, tell us in the title what you need help with, what you have a problem with and what you are suggesting. Notice you knew exactly what would be in this thread when you clicked it.

Please use specific thread titles. It would make all our lives easier.

Examples

"Check out my new avatar"
"What are your top 3 favorite shows?"
"Check out my favorite PC game"

That sums it up. Serious stuff goes in the appropriately-named section.
Reiyu Frost
Reiyu Frost
Administrator
Administrator

https://chillmountain.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down